WORK WITH US
Our doors are always open!
What do you look for when you look for a job? What’s most important to you? If you seek a company that values and produces handcrafted items, honors tradition but is focused on the future and is passionate about sustainability and social responsibility, Danforth might be a great fit for you!
Explore who we are (this video says it all), take a look at our open positions and if something seems like it might be right for you, apply today!
Now hiring: Director of Marketing
Are you ready to lead one of Vermont’s most iconic brands to national prominence?
Danforth Pewter is looking for a leading eCommerce expert who will accelerate our online growth, manage our extensive product line, and bring our successful artisanal business’s annual sales from the high single-digit millions to the mid double-digit millions.
A values-driven Vermont-based business committed to crafting world-class metalwork by hand. Everything we do is driven by the triple bottom line: people (employees, customers, community, vendors); planet; and prosperity.
We sell through our website, Danforth retail stores, on Amazon, and at wholesale. We are looking for a Director of Marketing who will help us drive strong growth in these channels while honoring and promoting our values of quality, community, and authenticity.
- An eCommerce expert (dare we say visionary?) with extensive expertise and 5+ years’ experience in leadership and marketing
- Fluent in cutting-edge marketing trends and strategies, including AI-based marketing
- Able to effectively lead a talented, intelligent, and artistic marketing team, with team members working in the office and remotely
- Numbers-driven yet person-centered
- Passionate or open to becoming passionate about handcrafted, American-made metalwork
- Ready and able to implement sophisticated marketing strategies to drive unprecedented growth
You can be located anywhere. We are in Middlebury, Vermont, so our preference is for someone in or close to the Eastern time zone.
- Drive and grow consumer sales on com and Amazon
- Paid search strategy and management
- Email marketing/email list growth
- Social media strategy
- Web infrastructure and development
- Data analysis
- Develop and manage marketing plans and budgets for B2B & B2C channels
- Implement cutting-edge new marketing strategies to drive massive eCommerce growth
- Revenue forecasting for online channels
- Business collaboration and development
- Marketing sales funnel strategy
- Vendor management
- Brand management across all channels (online, retail stores, wholesale)
- Graphic design, photography, and writing/content creation
- Packaging strategy and design
- Retail store look & feel
- Customer journey and experience
- Product offering
- Product look and feel
- Creative direction for new product development
- Guiding R&D in the use of new materials
- New product research/market research & competition
- Manage retired product process, and retired product sales strategy
- Manage product pricing and increases
- Earned media
- Leads the Marketing Team (Retail Marketing & Print Manager, Graphic Artist & Photography, Content Manager)
- Part of Leadership Team w/ VP of Finance, VP of Sales, and CEO
- Works closely with Lead Product Designer
- Reports to CEO
As part of the Danforth team, you get:
- Great benefits, including generous family leave and vacation
- To be an integral part of a leading company and a dynamic, family-like team
- Unlimited opportunities – everything from working with Product Design and Research & Development to growing online sales to shaping the company’s future
How to apply
Send a cover letter and a resume to Sarah Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org