Our doors are always open!
What do you look for when you look for a job? What’s most important to you? If you seek a company that values and produces handcrafted items, honors tradition but is focused on the future and is passionate about sustainability and social responsibility, Danforth might be a great fit for you!
Retail Associate—Boston, MA
Danforth Pewter is a Vermont-based handcrafter of fine pewter. Our pewter line includes jewelry, tabletop, home, holiday, and general gift. Danforth currently operates five permanent retail locations in Vermont including our Middlebury Workshop and Store. We also have a store front in Colonial Williamsburg, VA, Portland, ME and a location in Portsmouth, NH. At this time, we are accepting resumes for several full-time and part-time retail associates for our newest store in Boston, MA.
Our Retail Sales Associates will provide excellent customer service and meet sales quotas for our business. Candidates with strong communication skills who can make customers feel welcome in our store will stand out. You will help identify client needs, present and answer questions about our products and services and recommend solutions. A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role. Ultimately, you will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and you will contribute to the store’s profitability.
- Greet and direct customers
- Provide accurate information (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services)
- Answer customers’ questions about specific products/services
- Conduct price and feature comparisons to facilitate purchasing
- Cross-sell products
- Ensure racks are fully stocked
- Manage returns of merchandise
- Coordinate with the Retail Sales Representatives team to provide excellent customer service (especially during peak times)
- Inform customers about discounts and special offers
- Provide customer feedback to the Store Manager
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services
Job Requirements & Experience
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Representative, Sales Associate or similar role
- Understanding of the retail sales process
- Familiarity with consumer behavior principles
- Knowledge of inventory stocking procedures
- Basic math skills
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- High school degree
- BS in Marketing or related field is a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
This is a day-shift position, with work on weekends and holidays required. Our day shift is 8 hours.
References attesting to honesty and reliability are necessary.
The ideal candidate....
- Has a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented—focused on quality and precision
- Outcome-oriented—you drive for results and strong performance
- Is people-oriented—supportive, patient and fair
- Store Discounts
- Compensated Time Off
The Danforth Boston store will be opening this winter in the Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
Resumes can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Danforth Pewter, 52 Seymour Street, Middlebury, VT 05753; Attention: Matt.
All of our goods are handmade in Middlebury, Vermont by our team of local artisans, who cast, spin, polish, paint, and assemble raw metal to form beautiful, heirloom-quality every-day items. Danforth was started in 1975, when Fred and Judi Danforth met, and followed their vision to reinvigorate a centuries-old tradition of making one-of-a-kind products out of pewter. Today, Danforth Pewter carries out Judi and Fred’s vision, staying true to the family’s original values of sustainability and authentic, handmade artistry while bringing in new talent to design and explore the versatile properties of pewter. Every item at Danforth Pewter is made in our Vermont workshop by our small team of master metalworkers, receiving personal attention as it's shaped from raw pewter to the beautiful object you hold in your hands.