Downtown Middlebury, Vermont Retail Store
Store Manager: Leda Francis
Leda has worked at Danforth Pewter for four and a half years. She is a proud mom of three amazing kiddos. Outside of Danforth, you can find Leda swimming in the lake, coaching on a soccer field or cheering loudly either on a baseball field or basketball court. What she enjoys most about Danforth Pewter is the sense of community and family. She went to high school with both of Fred and Judi's daughters right here in Addison County, VT. They now sit and watch their children play sports together. Leda says, "I feel a great connection to the art and creativity that goes into the work our company produces. I Personally get to watch and learn about how the product is made daily. I love sharing that information and excitement with our customers."
Our boutique store, opened in January of 2014, is nestled in the heart of Main Street Middlebury. Our downtown location is amidst the bustling activities of Main Street - art galleries, local artisan restaurants, theaters, inns and many great local events. Our store is within walking distance to world-renowned Middlebury College.
Why Should You Visit Us In Middlebury
For being a small town, there is a lot to do! Vermont's oldest covered bridge is right here in Middlebury. It is less then a half mile from our Workshop store. There is also the beautiful Morgan Horse Farm... just minutes down the road from the covered bridge. In the summer, the famous A&W restaurant is a MUST visit attraction... the best root beer floats around! Year round, visit Fire and Ice Restaurant, Two Brothers Tavern, and Rough Cut (this place even has a mechanical bull ride!) In the winter, people enjoy skiing at the Middlebury Breadloaf. The Robert Frost Interpretive Trail is a great spot for hikers, as well as the Trail Around Middlebury that is accessible for mountain bikers and hikers. For history buffs, you can spend some time at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History and the Vermont Folklife Center. While in town, you can catch a movie, art exhibit, or a performance at the Marquis, the Town Hall Theatre, the Middlebury College Museum of Art, or the Middlebury College Mahaney Center for the Arts. Many people who visit are traveling the "Tasting Trail". Three amazing breweries, two distilleries and a wine vineyard are just minutes from Downtown Middlebury. Drop In Brewery, Otter Creek Brewery, Woodchuck Cider House, Stonecutters Spirits, AppGap Distillery, and Lincoln Peak Vineyard. We always suggest visiting the Whistle Pig Whiskey tasting room which happens to be right inside of our Middlebury Workshop Store.
What You Will Find Here
In the heart of the downtown, this boutique on Main Street carries some of our best selling products, from ornaments to keyrings, a wide jewelry selection, and our most popular oil lamps, along with a few One-Of-A-Kinds.
Our Favorite Pewter Products
- Frames: One of us loves photography and displaying a photo that was personally captured on camera makes it much more sentimental.
- One-Of-A-Kind Oil Lamps: These pieces give our artist an opportunity to express themselves and make unique beautiful pieces.
- Ornaments: We love how these ornaments create family traditions. For example- The Christmas Pickle, Santa's Key, and the annual ornaments
- Blue Leaf Medallion Collection: This design is available as a keyring, jewelry, candlesticks, and oil lamps.
- Nativity Collection: To buy as a whole set or a fun tradition to add to every year. A great idea for children or grandchildren.
Unique Things About The Sales Associates
- One of us knows something about EVERYTHING!
- One of us is a nurse!
- One of us can answer any local beer questions!
- One of us has been a professional weaver for 30 years!