Portland, Maine Retail Store
Store Manager: Denise Holmes
Denise was born in Portland, Maine and raised in South Portland, Maine. She love spending time with her 2 kids and coaching basketball. Denise loves giving back to the sport that gave her so much as a young Athlete/player. she has been at Danforth Pewter for 1 ½ years. Denise remarks, "What I like most about Danforth is the Story behind the product. It’s fun to tell the story to our customers coming in from all over the world. Managing is much like coaching…. the process of getting the most out of my individual staff members and supporting their potential as communicators gives me great satisfaction. I feel that in the past months we have grown into a great team and are all working well together.
Commercial Street in Portland, Maine, blurs the distinctions among working waterfront, downtown main street, and an historic tourist district. The Portland location has been a great success since we opened our doors in the summer of 2017. We are so delighted that we chose Portland as another New England retail store location. We have been able to connect with more of our customers and share our handcrafted pewter designs with those who are new to Danforth. If you are in the Portland area, stop by for a visit. We would love to see you.
Why Should You Visit Us In Portland
Visitors would be well advised to come to our store because of our story, our excitement about the product, our location, the interesting space we are in and our surroundings here in the Old Port. People are drawn to the antiquity of our space and our decor as well and the area we are located in. We are also very knowledgeable about Portland, the surrounding area and Maine in general. People love the Danforth product and appreciate the story and all that goes into our product. In our store, you will also find Made in Maine cutting boards and maple syrup. We are located right next to Simon Pearce Glassware and Company C.
What You Will Find Here
We have many good restaurants close to the store: on the more expensive end we have SOLO, DiMillos, Street and Co, Fore Street; in the moderate price range we have Duck Fat, Eventide, RiRa and Gilberts and in the reasonable price range we have the Flat bread , Porthole, J’s Oysters, the Lobster Company all with in a few blocks of our store. As far as things to do we have the Odyssey Whale Watche, harbor tours, a Duck Boat Tour, Ferries to many close islands, the Observatory, Longfellow’s House, the Portland Art Museum, beautiful beaches and 3 famous lighthouses! Portland is a beautiful small walkable seaside city of artists, musicians, theatres, museums’, shops, restaurateurs and a working waterfront.
Our Favorite Pewter Products
- Oil Lamps: They are simply elegant, functional, easy to care for and fun to have…..and they are handspun on a 100 year old lathe!!!
- Ornaments: They are unique and there is a story behind the annuals
- Jewelry: It is all beautiful and very wearable
- Vases: They are simple, elegant and functional
- Pocket Tokens & Netsukes: They are meaningful symbols that are very useful and easy to carry around with you
Unique Things About The Sales Associates
Our team is made up of a fun mix of personalities that seem to jibe at Danforth through our love and respect for the history and beauty of the Danforth product. We all enjoy each other’s company, working together and making our customers experience enjoyable when they come into the store. We make everyone feel at home.
- One dreams of driving the Monorail at Disney World
- One dreams of playing basket ball whilst skateboarding through Portland
- One dreams of driving NASCAR in the Indie 500
- One's home town is Middlebury, Vermont
- One wishes that we could all do karaoke together…..on the Portland Pier
- One wishes we would become the Danforth Dixies basketball team and run sprints between our visiting customers