Tufted Titmouse Ornament
A blue-gray songbird with a resounding echo, the Tufted Titmouse is a common and welcome sight in deciduous forests and backyard feeders. Their distinctly large black eyes and unique blue-gray plumage gives these birds a distinct look that delights both casual and committed birders in the eastern US.
Danforth is pleased to introduce the next in our line of beloved Bird Ornaments: The Tufted Titmouse!
This beautiful ornament is an homage to the subtle beauty of this exquisite songbird. Along with the other ornaments in our popular bird collection, the Tufted Titmouse makes a wonderful gift for birders, nature lovers, and bird collectors, whether for Christmas, birthdays, as a thank-you, or for any other occasion.
Some fun facts about the Tufted Titmouse:
- It is part of the chickadee family.
- Sometimes, a young titmouse even stays with its parents well into the breeding season, helping them raise the next brood.
- The plural of Titmouse is Titmice.
- Tufted Titmice often line their nest with hair, sometimes plucked directly from animals.
- The oldest known wild Tufted Titmouse lived over 13 years.
- Unlike many songbirds, both female and male titmice have similar plumage.
The Tufted Titmouse Ornament is handcrafted and hand-painted in our Middlebury, Vermont workshop. Like many of our ornaments, it can be engraved with a special name or date. It is part of our Buy 6, Get the 7th Ornament FREE special.
Dimensions & Specifications
Dimensions are approximate because all items are made by hand. Subtle variations are natural.
- Measures 1 7/8 inches wide and 1 1/16 inches tall
- Comes tucked in a flannel pouch inside a Danforth gift box