Williamsburg, Virginia Retail Store
Store Manager: Laura Morris
Laura began her career with Shirley Pewter in 1998 and continued on with Danforth Pewter after they bought Shirley Pewter in 2009. She has been working in the same retail store location for a total of 20 years. Laura is an avid reader, movie watcher, bicyclist and a novice saltwater aquarist. She enjoys attending College of William & Mary sporting events and spending time with her family. Laura states, "I love the fact that all of our beautiful pewter is handmade in the USA and being in America's Colonial Capitol, that's very important.
This store has been a Williamsburg tradition for fifty years. In the heart of Colonial Williamsburg, it started life as the Shirley Pewter Shop in 1964. After a complete renovation in 2013, it became Danforth Pewter. We make every piece of Danforth pewter, including the Shirley Collection, by hand in our Vermont workshop, carrying the store’s heritage of handcrafting American pewter into the 21st century. The store features a history wall highlighting Danforth’s colonial roots and Shirley’s legacy from the earliest days of Colonial Williamsburg, as well as a display showing how pewter is crafted and a video of our workshop.
Why Should You Visit Us In Williamsburg
For history buffs, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown are a must. For shopping, we are located within Merchants Square which is home to over 30 retail stores and over a dozen restaurants. For adventure lovers, try Busch Gardens amusement park or Water Country USA. Williamsburg is also a golfing mecca with over twelve courses designed by the game's top architects. Kingsmill Resort hosts an LPGA tour stop. Williamsburg also offers great places to eat. A local favorite is Sal's which has the best Italian food. If you like breakfast, Williamsburg has over a dozen pancake houses. If craft beer is your thing, we have five breweries along with a meadery and a distillery.
What You Will Find Here
We have a core staff of employees who have been selling pewter together for over six years. We know our products backwards and forwards and can find the perfect gift for any budget and occasion. Our selection of handmade pewter contains traditional reproductions and modern pieces to suit all of your pewter needs. We offer onsite engraving, gift wrapping and shipping.
Our Favorite Pewter Products
- Courting Lamp : We love the story that goes along with it about the young woman and her gentleman caller
- Medium OOAK oil Lamp : They are a unique piece of art initialed by the craftsman who made the piece. Their size makes them easy to fit just about anywhere in your home.
- Bon Bon Dish : The perfect gift for weddings. The beautiful hammering surrounds the center which is perfect for personalization.
- Frames : An all occasion gift which has space for personalization. Great for photos and needlework projects.
- Coffee Service: This is a piece of timeless elegance which is not only beautiful but functional.
- Silent Night 2018 Annual Ornament: Beautiful ornament especially the glittery night sky.
Unique Things About The Sales Associates
- One of our employees is a licensed interior designer
- One of our employees tried out for American Idol
- One of our employees owns over 300 exercise DVDs