I purchased this beautifully designed and crafted lamp in June of 2022. It is absolutely a striking piece of art as well as being practical. As a display piece, it is excellent, but I am particularly happy it is a usable item. You really cannot go wrong with this lamp.
The Nutmeg Oil Lamp marries two sinuous curves that together create one perfectly balanced form. The base of this oil lamp is handspun on a lathe. Our oil lamps add the perfect ambiance to any room, indoors or outdoors. Great as a centerpiece for the dining room table or on a living room end table.
Handcrafted in our Vermont workshop, this lamp is fitted with a top quality burner and custom glass chimney.
Enjoy the light of an oil lamp while you sit on the porch after the sunset. Many families light theirs every night for ambience and beauty, and also rely on it during emergencies when the power goes out. It makes a wonderful wedding gift that "lights the way" for newlyweds as they begin their lives together, and a meaningful anniversary or retirement gift.
Watch our talented artisans at work in the Discovery Channel's feature How It's Made, which shows Danforth pewter spinners creating a Mariner Oil Lamp.
Dimensions & Specifications
Each oil lamp is spun individually by hand by one of our talented pewter spinners. For this reason, all dimensions are approximate. Subtle variations are natural.
- The Nutmeg Oil Lamp holds 3 ounces of oil. Oil burns at approximately 3 hours per ounce (based on our smokeless liquid paraffin oil).
- Stands 11" high with its glass chimney.
- The pewter base is 5" high and 3" in diameter.
- Comes packaged in a gift box. Wholesale orders do not include a gift box.
- Replacement wick for this lamp is the Small Replacement Wick, SKU #89-029-0496. Replacement glass chimney is the Nutmeg, SKU #89-029-0478.